Part-time Product Designer
An excellent opportunity exists for an enthusiastic part-time product designer with a friendly and ambitious software company based in central London, a 10 min walk from Angel Tube, great canal-side location.
Our core values are to respect and support our staff to create an environment where people feel free to express themselves and grow as individuals.
The successful candidate will join the agile software development team as a missionary product designer and will come to play a key role in ensuring that they deliver great software to customers.
This Product Designer role will mostly have UI aspects but there will be some UX work too. Working in “three-in-a-box” together with the Product Manager and the Head of Technology will be a regular aspect of the job.
This position is initially for two days a week on a contract basis but might be converted into a permanent position in the future, should it be successful.
The successful candidate will be a self-disciplined, conscientious person who has a great eye for design and love following design trends across the industry. The perfect candidate is someone who is looking for a long term opportunity with room to grow their engagement with the product.
They will have great communication skills, be inquisitive and curious, with a nose for designing fantastic looking products that are a joy to use.
They will ideally have at least five years of experience working as a UI designer across e-commerce and retail platforms.
They can show a portfolio of web and mobile designs across multiple channels.
Essential Experience and Skills
- Solid experience in responsive UI web design
- Proven experience in designing mobile
- Good understanding of iconography and typography
- In-depth understanding & expertise of basic design principles
- Expert-level knowledge of CSS
Desirable Experience and Skills
- Solid experience in responsive UX design for web applications
- Experience in UX design for mobile apps
- Experience in UX/UI design for Progressive Web Apps
- Ability to get beneath the surface of what people say they want to truly understand what they need
To apply please send us your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.