A very well written and friendly explanation of the legislation and thought processes."- Steven Wood Schmader, President & CEO, International Festivals & Events Association (IFEA)
One of THE best GDPR resources I've read - congrats Eventsforce for this excellent resource." - Kevin Iwanoto, Senior Consultant at Travel Consultancy, GoldSpring Consulting
What Does the eBook Cover?
Find out what impact the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will have on event marketing, data management and event technology and what steps event planners need to take to prepare for the new requirements:
- What event planners need to know about GDPR
- The impact of GDPR on events – what will change?
- Q&A: Event marketing under GDPR
- Data security under GDPR (see also ‘The Event Planner’s Guide to Data Security in a Post-GDPR World)
- 9 steps event planners can take NOW to prepare for GDPR
- Questions to ask event tech suppliers about GDPR
Simply enter your details below and we’ll email you a link to download the eBook.
If your events are collecting personal information on European citizens and residents, then it doesn’t matter where you are, GDPR is going to apply to you. Non-compliance is simply not going to be an option for our industry.” – George Sirius, CEO, Eventsforce
Why is GDPR Important For Events?
- Events deal with high volumes of personal data collected through registration forms, mobile apps etc. GDPR will bring about some big changes in the way we collect, process and protect the personal data of people coming to events.
- GDPR gives individuals more control over how organisations use their personal information. With data-driven marketing and personalisation increasingly at the forefront of meetings and events, organisers need to know what they can and can’t do under GDPR.
- GDPR requires event planners to play a bigger role in securing their event data and ensuring that third party suppliers (ex. event tech suppliers) are also GDPR compliant. Not doing so can result in hefty fines and lost business.
* How Does Eventsforce Use Your Information?
- We send you weekly email updates from our Event Tech Talk blog bringing you insight and advice on the latest event tech challenges and trends
- We invite you to take part in our quarterly industry research studies
- We send you ad-hoc communications via email and phone on Eventsforce products, events and other marketing information
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, and you can do this by clicking on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in any of the emails you receive from us, or by sending an email to email@example.com with ‘Unsubscribe’ in the title.
For More Information
Need help tracking and managing consent on event websites and registration forms? Eventsforce offers a comprehensive set of event management solutions, services and expertise that can help support the event planner’s journey to GDPR compliance – from audit trails and consent management to anonymisation of personal information and data security.