Privacy Notice - Eventsforce Mobile App
Welcome to Eventsforce Solutions Ltd’s Privacy Notice (“notice”) applying to your use of the Eventforce Mobile App mobile application software (App), once you have downloaded or streamed a copy of the App onto your mobile telephone or handheld device (Device), and the services accessible through the App (Services).
We respect your privacy and we are committed to protecting your personal data. This notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us, and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
This App is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
CONSENT TO INSTALLATION OF THE APP
Under data protection laws, we are required to provide you with certain information about who we are, how we process your personal data and for what purposes, and your rights in relation to your personal data. This information is provided in this Privacy Notice and it is important that you read that information.
Before installation of this App, you are required to indicate your consent to our processing of your personal data (including your name, contact details, financial and device information) as described in this notice.
How you can withdraw consent
Once you provide consent, you may change your mind and withdraw consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org but that will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
Eventsforce Solutions Ltd is the controller and is responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this notice).
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: Eventsforce Solutions Ltd
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: The Wenlock, 50 – 52 Wharf Road, London N1 7EU
Telephone number: 0203 936 4271
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
Changes to this Privacy Notice and your duty to inform us of changes
We keep this notice under regular review.
This version was last updated in October 2018. It may change and if it does, these changes will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by email or when you next start the App. The new notice may be displayed on-screen and you may be required to read and accept the changes to continue your use of the App or the Services.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during our relationship with you.
Third party links
Our sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. Please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you as follows:
- Identity Data.
- Contact Data.
- Device Data.
- Content Data.
- Profile Data.
- Usage Data.
We explain these categories of data below.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information (including Identity and Contact Data) you consent to giving us about you by filling in forms on the App site, or by corresponding with us (for example, by email or chat). It includes information you provide when you register to use the App and when you report a problem with an App. If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence.
- Information we collect about you and your device. Each time you use the App we will automatically collect personal data including Device, Content and Usage Data. Information we receive from other sources including third parties and publicly available sources. We will receive personal data about you from various third parties as set out below:
- Device Data from the following parties:
- analytics providers;
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to do so. Most commonly we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where you have consented before the processing.
- Where we need to perform a contract we are about to enter or have entered with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
|Type of data
|Lawful basis for processing
|To install the App and register you as a new App user
|To manage our relationship with you including notifying you of changes to the App
Performance of a contract with you
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep records updated and to analyse how customers use our products/ Services)
Necessary to comply with legal obligations (to inform you of any changes to our terms and conditions)
|To administer and protect our business and this App including troubleshooting, data analysis and system testing
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security)
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
When you consent to providing us with your personal data, we will also ask you for your consent to share your personal data with third parties who are the organisers of business events that you have registered for or have or may participate in via or in connection with the App.
Your personal data may not be transferred or stored outside the EEA or the country where the you are located save that, for the purposes of our provision of cloud based storage of in-App data, your personal data may be transferred to the United States of America, a country in respect of which an adequacy decision has been made in accordance with GDPR Art.45.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access the App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator when we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see Request erasure below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact the data privacy manager in writing.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.
LAWFUL BASIS Consent means processing your personal data where you have signified your agreement by a statement or clear opt-in to processing for a specific purpose. Consent will only be valid if it is a freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of what you want. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us.
Legitimate Interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us.
Performance of Contract means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
Comply with a legal obligation means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that we are subject to.
DESCRIPTION OF CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA
- Identity Data: first name, last name, maiden name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth, gender.
- Contact Data: address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Device Data: includes the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier, your mobile operating system and the type of mobile browser you use.
- Content Data: includes information stored on your Device.
- Profile Data: includes your username and password.
- Usage Data: includes details of your use of any of the App or your visits to any of our sites including, but not limited to, traffic data and other communication data.