Technology is always pushing the boundaries of how we plan and run our events. From simple registration systems to complex event management tools. From social media and mobile apps to networking and engagement tools. As the significance of all this event tech continues to grow for our industry, so does the importance of managing all the data we get from our events.
Event data is incredibly valuable – the more you make of it, the more valuable it becomes. But what kind of data should organisations be collecting from their events? Which event tech solutions are the most effective? How is this data being used and can it really help with event success?
Last month, we conducted a study with over 120 senior event planners in the UK and the U.S. to answer some of these key questions, as well as get some important insight on the current opportunities and challenges around data management in the events sector. The results have been very interesting.
Here are some of the highlights:
- 3 out of 4 event planners said calculating ROI and measuring event success was the 1 reason they collect data from events
- Attendee/exhibitor/sponsor feedback, number of registrations and actual attendance rates are the top 3 data metrics for measuring event success
- Online registration systems, online surveys and event management software are seen as the top 3 most effective data collection tools for measuring event success.
- Only 16% feel they’re on top of their data reporting and analysis
- More than 50% of respondents felt it was difficult to consolidate all their event data as most of it was dispersed across different systems.
- 70% plan to make improvements to their data strategy in 2017 by investing more time and resources in data analysis & reporting, integrating tech systems, investing in new data collection tools and involving other stakeholders for better data planning
For a more comprehensive look at these results and some of the other findings from the Eventsforce ‘How Important Is Your Event Data’ study, have a look at the infographic below:
If you’d like to know more about the Eventsforce event management solution or just want to have a quick chat about how technology can help with your event data management needs, please get in touch here.